Dear Global Bitgetters,
This article is about how to set follower’s margin in Bitget’s One-Click Copy Trade.
I. What is margin?
The margin mechanism is the core concept of leveraged futures trading. Under the margin mode, you don’t need to commit 100% of your fund when engaged in futures trading. Instead, you only need to input a small amount of assets at a certain percentage as the collateral for performing the futures trade. That asset is called "margin".
II. How to set the margin for copy trade
1. There are three ways for a follower to set the margin amount when copying a trade.
- By fixed amount: Follow the exact margin amount used by the trader to open each position;
- By multiplier: Use an amount that is a multiplier of what the trader uses to open a position;
- By fixed quantity: The fixed position size of each copy trade (Please note: The actual margin for opening a position is subject to the change of leverage and coin price).
2. Margin currency
- You can adjust it in "Advanced Settings";
- Select a coin: same with the trader or use a specified coin as the margin currency.
III. Position Size Explanation
You can set your margin amount when using Bitget’s One-Click Copy Trade. If you select "By fixed quantity" in the "Advanced Setting", your actual margin amount will vary depending on factors such as leverage and coin price. Here is a more detailed explanation:
- Margin Amount = Price / Leverage * Position Size;
- The higher the leverage, the lower the required margin.
Suppose the current price of EOSUSDT is 1.00 USDT, and Bob opens a long position of 1 EOS with 2X leverage; the required margin will be 0.5 USDT. If you use higher leverage, the margin requirement will be reduced. On the contrary, if you use lower leverage, you will need to increase the margin.
Customer Services: email@example.com
Market Cooperation: BD@bitget.com
Quantitative Market Maker Cooperation: firstname.lastname@example.org