1.The underlying foundation of the ICO token is the blockchain. When the project creates tokens, you can choose the existing mature blockchain protocol standard or re-develop a set of underlying protocols.
2.Taking the "Ethereum Protocol" as an example, most of the tokens on the market were developed using the "ERC-20" agreement provided by Ethereum, based on the public chain of Ethereum.
- The "ERC-20" protocol provides a uniform set of code standards, including underlying technical codes such as the transfer of underlying accounts, which enables tokens developed using the "ERC-20" standard to be immediately compatible with the Ethereum public chain and make communication between different applications (ICO token application scenarios) more efficient.
3.Based on this, tokens that use the same underlying protocol can use a uniform token address.
- Uniform management of different tokens in the account can be facilitated by using a unified token address.
- For example: the public chain is like a mobile operating system, such as IOS (bitcoin protocol) or Android (ETH-ERC20 protocol)
4.This operating system can build a lot of applications (WeChat, Taobao, Alipay, etc.) (just like different ICO tokens), all applications can be bound to a bank card, so the program will have a unified account; You can bind different bank cards under your name in different applications.
5.You can find out about the blockchain protocol used in each token at the URL below.
- The token is queried using the protocol platform: https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/
- The information under [platform] represents the platform used by the token, and each different platform corresponds to the protocol standard of different platforms.